Kennel Attendants report directly to the Kennel Supervisor/Kennel Manager or
designate in their absence.
Previous animal experience preferred but not required
The kennel attendant is responsible for the assigned kennel according to the schedule
which includes the following:
- Health and safety of the animals in their care, which includes proper sanitation
of all kennels and supplies according to the Standard Operating Procedures
- Proper enrichment and exercise of the animals in their care as outlined by
management and the Standard Operating Procedures Manual.
- Adhering to the standards outlined in the employee manual and confidentiality
- Fully understanding and following all procedures.
- Ensuring that they have the correct equipment, supplies, and animal
- Ensuring their personal health and safety by following all procedures and
notifying management of any hazards or concerns.
- Treating all animals and visitors with respect and courtesy.
- Providing honest and factual information about our animals to the public to
ensure the animals are matched as best as possible to potential homes.
- Ensuring appropriate interaction between the public and the animals.
- All Kennel Attendants are responsible for washing all dishes, human, dog, or cat
and for doing all laundry.
- Each animal should be thoroughly checked by a kennel attendant once during
their weekly work shift if they work more than 2 days in a row in a certain
- Each attendant has extra assigned janitorial duties that are to be completed each
shift. The list of duties is posted in the medication area, and the duties are to be
signed off as “completed” when done.
The following describe the principal functions of this job and its scope of responsibility,
but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals
may perform other duties assigned, including working in other functional areas to cover
absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the work load.