In the next five years we will create a healthy and safe region for residents and companion animals by building a strong foundation for protection, advocacy and education of animals. Through improvements to our facility, including expanding our humane education programs and fulfilling the needs of our regional outreach programs for health, preventative medicine, and spay and neuter initiatives we will achieve success.
In order to achieve our vision and 5 year strategic plan the FMSPCA has identified 5 pillars that are paramount to the organizations success in the future:
• To provide a healthy, clean and enriched environment for animals in our care in
accordance with the 5 Freedoms.
• To increase the adoptability of each animal in our care.
• To ensure the length of stay for each animal is appropriate.
• To ensure the rate of return is within the provincial average.
• To have a community where pet owners are educated and responsible.
• To promote and provide spay and neuter initiatives and education as a means to
responsibly control the animal population.
- To ensure strong communication between all parts of the organization.
- To be a highly respected employer and volunteer opportunity in the community.
- To foster and support a highly motivated and passionate team of individuals.
- To provide relevant training and education to staff and board that meets best practices and benefits the organization and the individual.
- To encourage a culture that reflects the values of the organization.